10 Things You Can Do While Not Sitting in The Bay Bridge Back Up
November 6, 2019
Have you heard the news? The Bay Bridge may be temporarily backed up due to construction, but over here in Bay Bridge Cove, we’re enjoying the peace and quiet of no traffic… and a lot of happy fall vibes. That’s right, we’re located at the exit just before the bridge, so all of the congestion and commotion is far from our community — and that’s how we like it!
With all of the fun things to do on beautiful Kent Island, who has the time to sit in traffic? Not us. Need a little inspiration for how to celebrate and enjoy all of the time that you won’t be spending in traffic while living in Bay Bridge Cove? Just sit back, relax, and take a look at our list of top things to do below:
- Host a classic movie night in your new home and play one of your favorites every week. To heighten the fun, serve themed drinks and encourage attendees to get into the spirit and dress up as the characters.
- Pumpkin season is in full swing, which means tasty treats galore. In your spacious, modern kitchen, try out a pumpkin dessert recipe you’ve never made before. You might just find something sweeter than pumpkin pie…
- Who doesn’t love a good table game? Our gorgeous Clubhouse is open and ready to use! Whether you’re a billiards or the kind of a card of person, round up your friends and neighbors for a competitive night of games, snacks, and fun in the clubhouse game room.
- Want a stylish new coat for winter? How about shoes for your next vacation? Treat yourself to a shopping excursion at the Queenstomium Outlets and end your day with a delicious meal!
- It doesn’t have to be summer to enjoy the sunroom! After your morning coffee, take your favorite book down to the clubhouse to soak up the peace and quiet of this beautiful space in the morning.
- There’s nothing as satisfying as the fresh taste of fall foods… Head into town to a local farmer’s market for all of the latest finds, from produce and meat to pastries, bread, spreads, and so much more.
- If there’s ever a gorgeous time for a walk or a run, it’s autumn on Kent Island. With parks and trails around Bay Bridge Cove, you can get some fresh air and exercise while surrounded by the most beautiful scenery.
- Every Thursday night, Heminway’s at the gorgeous Bay Bridge Marina hosts a special date night right on the water. We’re talking a delicious 2-course meal and a bottle of wine for $50 — who can say no to that?
- We may be biased, but we think the fall foliage of Kent Island is the perfect backdrop for a round of golf. With an abundance of courses and clubs, you can take your pick and enjoy the leisure of the game.
And finally, drum roll, please…
- Up to you! What do you love to do the most? When you live here, you call all of the shots. Whether you love hosting dinner parties, traveling far and wide, or taking up new hobbies, your time here is all yours to enjoy.
From all of us at McKee Builders, enjoy a traffic-free fall season!